Wednesday 2 March 2016

This is a reposting of a post in my campaign thread... for posterity.
====
Just thought I would share a mail (with permission of the original author) that is fairly typical of the message I am getting from High Sec people that might support me. This is (one of) the reasons why I took so long this year before announcing my candidacy. Any "High Sec" orientated platform, irrespective of how reasonable it tries to be, has to deal with the apathy of the high sec residents, compared to the massive null-blocs.
Every voter or supporter that stops, because of disillusionment with the process or the institution, damages the Highsec candidates more than their Null-brethren.

It is an uphill struggle.


Re: CSM XI
From: A Supporter
Sent: 2016.01.14 22:34
To: Lorelei Ierendi, List of other supporters

Hi Lorelei,

I'm not sure if there will be a CSM endorsement list for/from COMMUNITY this year. I did it the last two years with the feedback from some others but by now I'm convinced that the CSM as a whole does more harm than good - especially long term. While I'm certain that there are a few individuals who really have the wellbeing of the game at heart and who do good and constructive work on the CSM, many others try to use it to drive the agenda of their respective nullsec bloc, profit from it personally or worse: are sockpuppets for their bloc leaders.

Unfortunately CCP doesn't include an option to abstain from voting in order to differentiate people like me from people who have never heard of the CSM or that there is a vote for it (and there are many), so not voting at all is the only choice CCP gives me and that is what I intend to do.

So unless somebody else steps up in order to dive into the numerous threads in the CSM forum and other sources and put together a list of good candidates, there won't be a CSM list from COMMUNITY this year.

However: Feel free to drop into the channel at any time to present and discuss your ideas with the residents.
Also: please be aware that this is my personal opinion, not that of the COMMUNITY moderation team as a whole.

Cheers,

A Supporter


Having an option to "actively" abstain from voting is one of the things I would advocate... a way to tell the difference between apathy and disillusionment.

No comments:

Post a Comment